As a home seller who is planning to stay in the area, your move across town will be a much easier task than someone who is moving to the area from NYC. Obviously, you have a "leg up" on the market because you already live here. It really is to your advantage when you're planning to sell first and remain in the area and buy a larger home.
Here are the obvious reasons:
- You know the "lay of the land"
- You're familiar with current real estate market conditions and home values
- If schools are important, you already know where you want your kids to attend school
- You're connected with the community by virtue of your lifestyle
- You know the benefits to living in this area (outstanding small town environment close to NYC amenities)
- Easier, less costly move (long distance moves are costly, more complex, and stressful too)
- You can pack those belongings that clutter your home and store them in a nearby storage facility until you're ready to move to your new home.
- Should you need your home repaired or painted you have access to local resources you probably already know about.
- You're familiar with all the great places to eat, where to shop and the great things to do.
All of these factors make selling your home and buying another home here in the area so much more attractive and practical.
Would you like to know how we market homes for sale in Essex County?
Take a look at all the marketing strategies used to successfully sell your Maplewood home.